Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Tuesday April 4, 2017 at 22:19
Jeff at Zektor
August 2009
I don't know about that. The last time I was in traffic court, I am truly amazed at how dumb society is. When I was at the fair last year, a sales guy had 2 women in their 60's convinced that it was plug and play and could find every movie out there with no additional cost. The GUI was nice and it was pretty easy to use. In front of me and them, he pulled up some of their favorite movies and they were blown away.

He took a call on his phone a walked a few feet away. I told both of them that I was in this industry and the box was completely illegal. How can you get almost any movie ever produced for a one time charge of $299.00? This was the county fair price.

They walked away and so did I. Bottom line, I guarantee many people can and will get suckered into these products. Many others just don't care because they think actors and the studios make too much money. There is no conscious about it.

Personally, I still have cable, premium channels and Netflix. at $200/mo all in. Me and my family get $200 worth of entertainment for sure.

The studios will continue to face their outdated model. RIAA, with Apple, finally determined that the market will bear .99 cents for songs legally. The studios want to charge $5 to $25.00 for movie discs. I don't know if the market will continue to bear that. For all the reasons Dean wrote earlier in the thread, until they really control piracy in all forms. I doubt if they will ever get that genie back in the bottle.

I can't wait for our staff to start getting tech calls asking why their movie stealing box from brand X is having issues with our matrix. Of course it will be our fault. LOL.

Last edited by Jeff at Zektor on April 5, 2017 00:08.
Jeff Haynes
The CA Guy
Coastal Source [email protected] 619-889-3700

Hosting Services by ipHouse