The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday March 31, 2017 at 04:30
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
Voodoo for sure... For our first project/s we were fortunate enough to do a practice/guest house and then two houses side by side for the same client. Great learning experience.

Make sure equipment is installed properly/grounded/check F connectors. At one house just re-terminating the RG11 got it working. At each house we pulled new RG11 between the roof and the amp and between the amp and the splitter. Then we used existing RG6 to each indoor antenna.

After installation at the second & 3rd house...a year passes and one of the two houses starts having issues. When i go out to visit the site i notice two brand new high rises across the water. We moved the roof top antenna around and got the signal strong again...whats weird though is that now the antenna is almost pointing the opposite direction. I leave...a couple of months later i go back for something else and we decided to move the other houses antenna to point the same direction as the first house and the signal there improves.

Now both houses are working great and their antennas are almost 180 degrees from where they were originally.

Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse