Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday March 30, 2017 at 22:14
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
I use Wilson, only because that is what I started with many years ago.

The thing about a signal booster is this:
You are needing to put one in because the signal at the house sucks. You "HAVE" to get a good signal on the outdoor antenna. This almost always requires you to have a high gain (directional) antenna high up above the roof line to get a strong signal. I have NEVER seen a situation that an antenna in the attic worked properly or one installed on the side of the house. Have to get it high above the terrain with a strong signal.
The indoor antenna is usually directional too. And you need to be mindful NOT to have the direction of coverage, towards the direction of the outdoor antenna. This is another important reason the indoor & outdoor antennas need to have a large vertical separation, as well as faced the correct way.
Any re-modulation of signals will cause the amp to cut back on its gain, resulting in poor performance. Also: large coverage areas (i.e. large homes) will require multi indoor antennas to get proper coverage inside. Each one needs to be placed very carefully.

All of this is covered in the training to install these things (at least it use to be with Wilson).

Hosting Services by ipHouse