Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday March 30, 2017 at 17:50
buzz
May 2003
We need an App, inspired by Jabberwocky that constantly searches for things, visits sites, and gives the "researchers" a varied diet to chew on. Any actual data should be heavily encrypted.

Over the long term, knowing what someone searched for may not be very useful marketing information. I read an account about a childless middle aged female executive who purchased a baby shower gift for a niece. This was a one time purchase, but the woman was bombarded with baby this and baby that for weeks after that brief research and singular purchase. I will research subjects that will never be associated with anything that I have purchased or will purchase. (perhaps a friend asked me a question and I wanted to educate myself)

There are some academics, probably working for someone scary, who can develop a disturbingly accurate profile of Internet surfers by logging site visits.

My Jabberwocky application would need to be very clever, else an observer might be able to filter some of the noise, based on more coherent web use during certain hours. Cipher fans might want to read the Wikipedia article on OTP (One-time pad) for information on how Jabberwocky might be busted.

Hosting Services by ipHouse