Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Saturday March 25, 2017 at 08:23
Craig Aguiar-Winter
September 2002
On March 23, 2017 at 11:15, 3PedalMINI said...
London led the charge for letting these "immigrants" into their country for the rest of the world to follow.

The attacker in London was home grown. No one let him in.

Same with the guy who attacked Canadian Parliment in 2014. He killed a Canadian soldier standing watch of the tomb of the unknown soldier, prior to going on a shooting spree inside parliament and being taken down by RCMP and parliamentary security.

[Link: en.m.wikipedia.org]

John Kaczynski, Timothy McVeigh, home grown.

These types worry me more than imported threats.

Islamic extremist terrorism and "terrorism" as a buzz word in itself has been a sore spot for the western world since 9-11. At least more so than it was prior. I was 23 and was a week into training as a Firefighter when it happened. It's the first event in my life that I can say exactly what I was doing. Be it my age or life experience at the time, the word terrorism was meaningless to me before then. I know the perpetrators in 9-11 weren't home grown, but mention terrorism in conversation now, or hear it on the news and people get anxious. It's what's selling papers now. Keeps tax dollars flowing into the military. The media will label something as a possible terrorist act even before an investigation is done just to start panic and get us to tune in. Yet incididents initiatited by people like that home grown wack job in Ottawa, radically religious based or not, fade into oblivion. Shutting out entire countries doesn't sit well with me but I'm all for tightening up boarder security. However this English guy was known to be a risk. And he still pulled it off. We need tighter security at home.

Craig

Last edited by Craig Aguiar-Winter on March 25, 2017 09:42.
My wife says I can't do sarcasm. She says I just sound like an a$$hole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse