Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday March 23, 2017 at 11:44
Audiophiliac
August 2006
I love how literally every damn thing that happens in the world is some kind of conspiracy. And there are always at least 2 opposing theories to every one of them. None of them are 100% correct. No one really knows except those directly involved. You cannot trust any media outlet for just the fact because, face it, where would they get those?

You can listen to report after report, investigation after investigation, story after story, and you will still not know WTF is going on because every reporter, every agency, every outlet has an agenda and therefore a "spin". Call it fake news or subjective journalism, or whatever you want. You simply just cannot get the facts without the garbage that comes with it these days.

It used to be that you could just live your life without having to run into all the whackjobs and their hair-brained conspiracy theories. No more...they have come out of the woodwork where they used to live. Imagine what "coverage" of the Challenger disaster or even the OJ trial would be like in today's media circus.

The only news I have been following, and I am not sure even exactly why, is the Oroville dam situation. And even that has had some conspiracy theories being flung around like feces by monkeys. I only watch one dude's YT channel to get the info. And he does not do anything except report what is happening there.....with video footage, coverage of press briefings, interviews with the people who are actually there. No mention of politics or terrorists, or immigrants, etc....no one blaming Trump, or the Russians, or ISIS, or aliens, neither the illegal nor outerspacey types. It is just news about something that is happening right now that has, or at least had, the potential to screw things up for a lot of people....but it was not big news because apparently it is too hard to come up with conspiracy theories way out in right or left field for something as trivial as a dam spillway breaking, and the remote possibility of drowning 1/3 of CA. That is boooooring.

Back to your regularly scheduled thursday. :P
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse