The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday March 22, 2017 at 18:06
Grasshopper
Long Time Member
May 2016
So the company I work for does a lot of property-wide wifi installs. Been doin it for a few years. We just finished two buildings and are working on a third for this particular network that will total somewhere around 900 units. The guy "In charge" of this project is an IT guy and he got pulled away today. I overheard him say that they were running out of IP addresses next door.

I didn't go to school for networking/IT so I have to pick up all of that stuff on my own. So, can you guess what my question is?

What exactly will they be doing to increase the number of IP addresses they can dish out tonight? (They're doing it around 2 a.m. so as not to disrupt people's service.) Is it something as simple as changing the DHCP range in the router? This entire network is guest based since these are at least 90% rental units (tourist town, vacation haven) so they're all using the same SSID and password. So, is it that simple?

It may be pertinent to know, so, as part of our rack we're using a Ruckus Zone Director (and Ruckus waps of course), something called a "slice" that I have no idea what it does really (If you know what it does, feel free to explain!) and....aside from a router, that's all I can think of that might affect it? If there's something else, please let me know.

So yeah, what ya got?

Thanks!
Everyone should learn something new every day.

Hosting Services by ipHouse