The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Monday March 13, 2017 at 11:07
ontariocraig
Long Time Member
September 2004
My 7yr old RM-VL600 remote started to fail recently. I couldn't fine a new sony remote, so I initially replaced it with a Logitech Harmony 650...which was easy to set up, has nice backlighting...and that's about all I find good about it. I tried to like it for over a month, but in the end I hated it.

So, I went looking for a new Sony...couldn't find one. does anyone know have sony discontinued their line of universal remotes ?

In the end I purchased a "bulk new" one from a china ebay seller - an RM-VLZ620. I'm very pleased with it, as I was with my RM-VL600. I did initially have the learning problem described above, and I accidently found the same solution i.e swapping my re-chargables for alkalines. re-chargables work fine once programmed.

Like its predecessor it has lots of memory, so it was able to learn all of my remotes - even the remote control dimmer switch and a nobrand MX2 box work fine. and again, like its predecessor, my only minor complaints are no backlighting, and 3 of the device buttons labeled for optical players - BD, DVD, and CD - which in my house are all covered by the same thing.

Hosting Services by ipHouse