Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday March 12, 2017 at 13:53
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On June 6, 2013 at 01:13, PSS said...
I need to know if I can swap the ir blaster with a Xantech emitter so I can cleanly control a TV on a articulating mount (the blaster wire is to short).
I'm pretty sure the unit is the Ultimate. It could possibly be the "Smart Control". I believe Xantech uses a 12volt type emitter. If the Xantech doesn't work will another brand work? Maybe one with a different voltage, etc?

Old thread, but the info doesn't change. Much.

They're generally interchangeable- LEDs use 5V. You can use 3.5mm cables to extend the length (the kind used for headphones work fine) and you can use Xantech, Proficient, Russound or other IR distribution parts for this as long as they don't need four conductors or use a confirmation flash on the emitter (these use three conductors). For any device that has a 3.5mm jack on the back for IR input (and the manufacturers really need to yank their heads out when it comes to this), you can use a cable with 3.5mm on each end. This completely eliminates the problems with IR sensors going blind when direct sunlight or light from Plasma TVs and florescent lights hits the sensor.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse