The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Sunday March 5, 2017 at 09:29
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On March 5, 2017 at 08:06, New Guy with Question said...
Great comments. Thanks so much!
Why the feature ? I hate commercials, thats why! So when a commercials comes on, I want to hit a button, toggle off the mute for 60, 120 or (sadly) 180 seconds and then have it toggle back on. Yes, I'm that lazy.....I completely overlooked the fact the timer is internal to the remote and therefore, must be pointed to correct line of site to toggle the volume back on. Need to rethink that.
Will also update my Name-Just wanted to let everyone know I was new and this may be a well discussed topic for you other Good Folks.
Looking now at the Denon AVR RS232 codes.
Comedian Mitch Hedburg died in 2005 of existing hearth condition aggravated by drug use. But he w-a-s funny. Very funny!
Thanks for your consideration.

The problem with setting a specific mute time is that not all breaks last for that amount of time. OTOH, you could always create a button for Delay 1, Delay 2, Delay 3 and if you find that you use one of them more often, remove the others.

If your remote is tossed onto the sofa and the emitter isn't aimed at the equipment, the delay command won't matter- if you want this to be reliable, you'll need some kind of RF hub, whether RTi, URC, Harmony, or whatever. These brands can all do this- you'll need to decide which will work best. The Harmony Hub would be the least expensive if you want to use a smart phone or tablet to control the system and each delay can be set to a max of 20 seconds- if you want it to be a longer delay, add more until they add up to the total needed. This hub can control via IR, Bluetooth or IP.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse