The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Friday March 3, 2017 at 06:48
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On March 3, 2017 at 01:25, Ernie Gilman said...
That wasn't it at all -- read on
I LOVE solving grounding and noise problems and have had a few good conversations with Bill. In this case, Middle Atlantic put on a seminar on noise and Bill was there to add information, correct them when needed, and answer questions that the MA guys came up with.

Great. People sometimes are a real piss-off!

That's an amusing comment. If I understand what you wrote before, you use a transformer to eliminate a problem caused by interconnection of the two grounds. That is, there's a point at which one can contact both grounds.

What's a PD? Potential Difference?
And it's surprising that the resistance of the cables might be the issue, too.

If you have had several conversations with him, why did you call him Bob?

That electrician and his helper were both "a real piece of work". The guy whose "company" built the garage was a referral from someone I had worked for and he's the real turd- I found out later than he has a long history of going under owing money and opening under a new name. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

I never said I used a transformer on my garage and if I did, it would have been enclosed, so there's no chance of contacting both. Besides- if I have a situation like that, I measure voltage and use a test light to find out how bad the PD is (Yes, PD= Potential Difference is the way we abbreviated it when I was in school). I wouldn't touch the house side with one hand and the garage side with the other, anyway- that's a good way to wake up dead.

Last edited by highfigh on March 3, 2017 17:02.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse