The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday March 2, 2017 at 11:10
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On March 1, 2017 at 22:52, Dboughton said...
What is everyone doing for eledrely customers to control their systems. I have a 87 year old customer that needs an easy way to control her TV, DVD, and Roku. I did a basic complete control system for her son and he say that will be to complicated. He thinks something with an iPad would work for her but I think it will be just as complicated. I look forward to hearing some ideas.

I finally fired up the Echo Dot I bought last month and if the functionality is good enough, look into voice control for a simple system. The equipment would still have IR emitters, but the control hub would do the work. It does Pandora, it can communicate with Roku (I didn't get that far last night, but the two Roku I have showed up in the Bluetooth list) and it does stream to my Yamaha MusicCast. With the audio output jack, it doesn't sound bad, either. I'll be testing it with a Harmony Elite and its hub in the next couple of days, so I'll report back here on that.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse