The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Wednesday March 1, 2017 at 12:42
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On March 1, 2017 at 07:48, davet2020 said...
Had a customer call up and say he had two TVs he wanted to connect to his WiFi to see Netflix. We say that should only be an hour or two.

We go there and find that both neither TV has built in Wifi and start looking how to run CAT5 to the TV sets. After about an hour looking everywhere and figuring how to run wire we tell him the price. He says why can't you use the WiFi adapters that he has? We say what WiFi adapters? He says the ones that came with the set. He goies and finds them and says "will this help you. I didn't know what they were and I forgot to give these to you.

We then install the USB wifi adapters and try to connect to the Apps and Netflix. It won't open and we google the problem and find that you must do a firmware update but it can't be done through the wifi. You need to go to the Sony website and download the update and transfer it to a USB thumbdrive and load it through the USB port. The download and upgrade takes at least 30 minutes. But it works.

The second TV we find has no Apps and can not play Netflix. We tell him that he needs to buy an Apple TV and we say we can pick one up for him and come back in two days.

We come back there and install the Apple TV and he says that "you all did a lot of work for only two hours", We say that was an estimate and since the problems were with your TVs we spent a lot of extra time. He says that we said it would be two hours and that is all he would pay.

Two days later he calls up saying he has forgotten how to use the Apple TV and wants to ask a question. I tell him to call Apple TV.

After dealing with stuff like this for years in the early 2000's...the way i would have handled this from the moment i started is "you will need an appletv at each location and we will need to run Cat5 to each of them".

If people want to play science project with their gear they can do it on their own time or sign a blank check.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse