The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday February 27, 2017 at 14:00
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On February 27, 2017 at 13:21, highfigh said...
A means 'Acoustically Transparent'. They use a coarse weave for those, although they're becoming finer, now that 4K is here.

Of course, you mean AT.

I typed my response, and had the edit screen open, when that information was posted. I didn't go back and look to see if someone had posted while I was editing.

Something named Acoustically Transparent is not acoustically transparent. Hell, air isn't acoustically transparent, though it's damn close. These screens are less opaque to sound than other screens, but in the end it's a marketing term and the actual behavior of the screen has to be investigated.

You can get an idea how much faith the screen maker has in this acoustical transparency if you ask if they'll take back a screen if it turns out not to be acoustically transparent enough. If they're good, that should start a dialog, but if they outright refuse to consider it, we should all be told!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse