The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Monday February 27, 2017 at 11:45
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
For that matter, WTF do toasters have adjustments that go to 10 when a piece of bread exposed to the setting 4 comes out as a bread-shaped piece of charcoal? I once wrote to a toaster company about this (I admit, I was bored) and they chose not to respond. Of course, the email was dripping with sarcasm.

And that reminds me... I spent two days in Dubai once and visited a large grocery etc store, sort of like a WalMart except having mostly higher quality stuff. In the outdoor living section I ran across bags of charcoal made in Namibia. What the hell is special about Namibian charcoal?

(Why did I go to that store? Because it was almost US Thanksgiving Day and my Saudi client wanted me to pick up four frozen turkeys and bring them back. Bought a huge cooler, bought the turkeys, headed right for the airport. The turkeys were, by the way, imported from Idaho. True story. Now there's a WTF!)
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse