The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Sunday February 26, 2017 at 13:40
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On February 26, 2017 at 13:03, Brad Humphrey said...
From the other forum:
1) System needs to have a CD transport, so customer can just drop discs in and it will automatically burn them in. He indicated customer is very technology & computer illiterate.
2) Must have on screen 'TV' GUI.
3) Price is a concern.

Back in the day, Escient and Request were the 2 companies for this market.

Today, there is nothing I know of on the market that does this. If you do away with the requirement for TV output (buy a cheap Android tablet, dedicated to just the music server); then there is: Bluesound Vault 2. It has a 2TB drive and a CD transport to rip with. Also streaming services.
You can also get Bluesound Nodes to put around the house to stream from the Vault or services.

1), 2) and 3) make it seem that the customer needs a laptop with some kind of media management program. iTunes with Remote for an iPhone or iPad. If they want, they could use an AppleTV with iTunes installed on a laptop or tablet. Set it up with an external HD with iTunes loaded on it and it solves the problem of always needing to connect the laptop to the external drive to add music.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse