The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday February 24, 2017 at 15:03
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
I had to go out today and pull out the last of my JL audio transmitters and replace with one that didnt take out my zigbee network.

Anyway I was assuming it would be like my others, literally like a 5 minute swap. just like always I check to make sure everything works, and of course i don"t have picture on the TV. Start the usual troubleshooting/resets/waiting 15 minutes. Of course nothing.

grab the kitchen TV to check output at avr/hdbaset transmitter and I do. Diagnose it to a bad HDMI from the HDbaseT receiver to the TV. Pull it out and there is a gouge in it and the cable. The TV is fixed so no way it can get pinched. Clients wife tells me it was working fine lastnight...at this point im suspecting rat/mouse chewing it. so i show her and she said "Ohh my husband needed a cable this morning for his presentation, maybe something happened then" she calls him and he says "ohh, i think my chair ran over it when it fell on the ground"

WTF. 1.5 hours of trouble shooting that i didnt plan for or expect. Clients wife face palms when he said that, looks at me with my eye twitching and said "guess your going to bill us arent you" said yup! walked out with $330 bucks and billed for another HDMI cable.

Gotta love it! think im going to take the lady out for a nice dinner this weekend. Handed the client an extra HDMI cable I keep from what comes with cable boxes for random things like this... UGH! Cleints be Cray! :P
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse