Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday February 20, 2017 at 11:13
radiorhea
May 2002
Programming is an art. Some people "get" art and some do not. Our art is a blank remote. To make it come alive, you have to know the system that you are programming. To know the system that you are programming, you have to install said system or watch it being installed to get the signal flow...what device is connected to what. If you know how to connect a system, then you are in a better place.

Scenario 1

I have seven rooms of audio, an audio switch, a few sources, and an amp. Unless you install it or have a diagram, how do you know which "zone" to turn on to get music to play in the Dining Room.

Scenario 2

I have a client that wants to trigger on lights when the Garage door is opened after 8:00 PM. Where do you start?

Scenario 3

I have four new TVs mounted to a wall in a video wall configuration and I want to turn them on and see one big picture....where do I start?

I could go on and on. Lighting control is a whole other animal.

It is not as easy as some people think. What a client touches is one of the most important parts of the job as a whole. If the wife can not figure it out....then you will be in REAL deep do do.

Programming is bringing the whole install to a device for control. One room systems are where you need to start.

Get with a local install shop.
Drinking upstream from the herd since 1960

Hosting Services by ipHouse