Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Monday February 20, 2017 at 00:44
tomciara
Loyal Member
May 2002
I see, appreciating all the comments.

In my limited reading, these sites give security to your emails. Sounds as though Google routinely scans your email folders, looking for ways to target you with pop up ads and emails. So their free service gets them ad money at the expense of our privacy.

On one hand, my emails don't have anything subversive in them that would not stand up to scrutiny.

On the other hand, if you are over 40, or even 30, you have seen the shift and a dumbing down of the public when it comes to privacy. Used to be that your birthdate and social security number were incredibly protected, you just did not give that kind of stuff out to a stranger. Maybe to the bank when opening an account of applying for a loan, but now?

Now your birthdate is shown to the world on Facebook. Your ssn goes out on websites, your charge card info, they are no longer private and protected. Your iDevices and Alexa are eavesdropping on you 24/7. Meanwhile, if you are one of the unlucky ones who have had your identity stolen, you will say that it was a horrible 2 to 3 year ordeal that you may never get completely in the rear view mirror.

So if I read between the lines, you think that I should not be concerned? Is security and privacy of emails a non-issue? Or the recent thread on BigBrother - was that a different crowd?
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse