The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday February 16, 2017 at 09:37
SWOInstaller
Select Member
October 2010
On February 16, 2017 at 03:26, Daniel Tonks said...
Moving to a new place and need to install security, and was hoping to get some recommendations on what's a good, reliable system that won't lock me down to a single monitoring service.

Prewiring for that in the home is very minimal. There seems to be a few cables strung for keypads near doors, but nothing else (well, another cable for a motion sensor, but I literally can't see any others). Would still prefer to go wired versus wireless despite the difficulty that entails.

We use Paradox, unless someone is getting a Crestron Pyng system and want security integration then we would install Honeywell (only because we have to).

The limitations to the Paradox system is that they don't integrate too well into Automation systems (they do have an automation module but control is limited), nor do they allow for Zigbee/Z-wave integration. If the home owner is wanting lock, thermostat, lighting control, then we install an automation system and allow the security system to be a security system.

I find their programming software the easiest to use and I don't need some special cord/connector to program the system (when an IP module is connected). I'm not too familiar with the other systems but I believe with Honeywell anyways, you require an AlarmNet account for any type of monitoring whether it be from a central station or personally, Paradox doesn't require this account.

Their keypads are more vertically designed than horizontally so look better on the wall beside/above light switches. They have an RF keypad that allows for RF devices to be connected to the system with a very good range on all their devices. They also have a 5" and 7" touch screen that you can load floor plans to, for more of an advanced look.

Last edited by SWOInstaller on February 16, 2017 10:17.
You can't fix stupid

Hosting Services by ipHouse