Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Wednesday February 15, 2017 at 16:41
FP Crazy
June 2003
The out buildings already have fiber to copper convertors, as well as the main house. Unfortunately the head end for the fiber is in the middle out building, which back feeds the WAN feed to the house. Kind of a wonky topology. I bringing a fiber expert on board tomorrow morning to help me sort out my options. Currently there are functioning Ethernet switches in bout out buildings.

The way JAP topology is, you can feed one main Luxul (or Cisco) switch to another, but it needs to be a dedicated line (according to JAP TS) bridging the 2. And I'm not certain I have that in the fiber that has been pulled.

I'll know more tomorrow .

JAP would be my preference, because then all sources in the main house would be available in all the out buildings...if the fiber topology is the way I hope it is.

He does have an AppleTV (gen 1) in the rack, and a Roku too (not sure which gen Roku).

If I can't do JAP easily, I could certainly install a Roku and Apple TV as local sources at each of the outbuildings and use the ATV as a DTV client.
Chasing Ernie's post count, one useless post at a time.

Hosting Services by ipHouse