The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Sunday February 12, 2017 at 21:12
Innovative A/V
Select Member
December 2007
On February 7, 2017 at 22:44, Mogul said...
Yup. I transitioned to RTI in 2009 after URC left me high-and-dry on an out-of-state job. I'm aware that there was a [really] bad run of T2C's that suffered failures caused by ROHS-compliance-forced lead-free solder manufacturing. Since then, however, there have been few widespread quality issues and where there were any, RTI stood behind the product and/or worked to provide beta firmware fixes, etc.

As an example, RTI produced a run of XP-6 and PCM-8's with defective MPIO ports that failed within 1-2 years. In every case, even when beyond warranty, RTI replaced the units at no charge.

Was that scenario a painful, PITA...? Yes. But they took care of it and continue to provide a product with phenomenal bang-for-buck ratio, IMHO.

We have a good amount of systems out there....we have been with RTI for 12 years and they have always taken care of our issue. They never had us send anything back to a distributor. We have also had equipment that was out of warranty taken care of, no questions asked. RTI has been bullet proof for us so far
www.goinnovativeaudiovisual.com
Cedia certified installer
ISF Certified 'It's not how many times you get knocked down but it's how many times you get back up and go forward"

Hosting Services by ipHouse