The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Friday February 10, 2017 at 11:32
bobli
Long Time Member
December 2002
I ended up using, for now, the two cables I described earlier-a URC RS232 cable and a standard computer cable with a DB9 connector on one end and a three conductor 3.5mm connector on the other end. Hooking these two together didn't work initially, however, as I learned from this thread, the receive and transmit wires must be cross connected. Once I got a DB9 null modem adapter, and put it between the other two cables, everything worked great. May make a "prettier", and shorter, cable later. Thanks again to everyone who helped with my education.

Still, I need to ask for a bit more assistance. I've got all the basic commands working from my MX-1200 with one critical exception-the home or "My Apps" command. Unfortunately, the URC serial database seems to be well out of date when it comes to LG TV's. It certainly doesn't reflect my OLED65E6P.

Searching the database yielded all the commands except the one so I turned to the LG external control device setup document. I don't fully understand what's in this document as it only seems to show RS232 information for commands not included on the remote control. For instance it reflects commands for "power on" and "power off" but not the "power" toggle command. It does have a table for the commands included on the remote control such as the needed "My Apps" command. I'm confused as to whether these commands can be sent via the serial connection, however, I would assume so, particularly since I found all of them but the one I still need in the URC serial database. The table lists the "My Apps" command as having a code (hexa) of 42. Is there some way to enter this code manually through CCP that I don't yet know? I know commands can be entered manually and I have seen how to modify URC serial database commands yet I'm not sure how to get this one command working. Seems like I still have a bit to learn. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hosting Services by ipHouse