Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Friday February 10, 2017 at 10:52
Audiophiliac
August 2006
You cannot name one product on here without getting polar opinions. Just say Integra or RTI or SONOS and see what happens. It is like a political discussion. Rhetorical and pointless. :)

We used the XBR4400 routers for about 3 years and there are at least 2 dozen of them we have in the field. I had issues with 3 of them that turned out to be an easy fix once I knew the problem. There was no documentation that mentioned that you cannot have spaces in DHCP reservation names. It would let you enter them that way and apply it. And then the network would crash and I had to default the routers and set them back up. The 1st I thought was a fluke, the second I started to worry, and the 3rd I finally called tech support, which was able to tell me the problem immediately. Eventually they updated the firmware so now it will not let you do that.

I have the ABR4400 router at home with the 1208 POE switch and a 1510 AP. I have had zero issues with it in nearly a year. I have never had to reboot any of it even. I have only had to reboot the cable modem (Motorola 6183) 2 times that I can recall in that time frame.

We only started using Araknis routers for the OVRC features. We have been using UniFi access points, but have put a couple of the 700 APs in from Araknis and have had good results with them as well. I actually have one at home in the place of the Luxul 1510 now and have noticed no difference between the 2, but my house is small and only requires a single WAP and I cannot get farther than 40 feet from it and still be inside.

YMMV is the term I think that applies here.
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse