The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Friday February 10, 2017 at 10:41
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On February 10, 2017 at 09:03, vwpower44 said...
I was using UBNT, Aruba and Pakedge. Last year we added Luxul. We no longer do Pakedge or UBNT.

It has been rock solid for us other than a few minor things.

About a year ago, when they moved to the 4.0 firmware, the router would not get its DHCP address from the modem after a power outage. This was fixed in the 5.0 firmware.

When they rolled out XWC3100, they have had some serious issues. I ended up putting in three and all three died within hours. They would stop outputting wifi. Sadly Luxul knows there is a problem and they are keeping these on the shelf.

Other than that, I have not had a single issue. Their gear has been great.

Luxul does not make anything. Their routers are Asus or TrendNet, their switches are TrendNet, and their WAPS are Engenius. It is all just firmware with Luxul. They just have someone OEM their product to spec.

Mike

I doubt most of the hardware companies make anything- I used one TrendNet WAP (which took a long time to set up, for some reason) and it puked after an hour- the first tech support guy was useless, so he finally got a "supervisor", who asked a few questions and quickly told me it was dead. I replaced that with an Engenius EAP300 and it was in the same case, it looked, felt and smelled the same (smelled like burned electronics), but it took a few minutes to set up and it has been flawless for close to five years.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse