The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Monday February 6, 2017 at 21:36
techvalley
Long Time Member
July 2012
The homeowners son posted the pictures. I read more of the posts, it sounds like C4 dealer is steering him away from this.

"Its my parents house. This is how the Control4 guy proposed wiring it before we decided to try zwave with the same wiring setup. I have seen his work in several other homes and it is solid."

Another Poster-"Your Control4 guy was very misinformed in giving you that information. He should know that zigbee devices don't perform well when clustered like that. The signal gets bounced around from device ton device and becomes extremely unreliable. Control4 will always suggest panelized lighting for this kind of application.

I can't speak about how zwave devices handle this configuration, but it really doesn't seem like it would be a suggested setup. I hope it works out for you"

Son-"He was concerned about the number of switches in that closet, which is what triggered this post. We are going to split them up and shouldn't end up with more than 9 together in the same closet. We will see. I plan to follow up with how all this goes."

I wonder what kind of z-wave they'll use?
"try to become not a man of success, but try rather to become a man of value."

Hosting Services by ipHouse