The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday February 5, 2017 at 00:54
BRIAN PHOENIX
Long Time Member
August 2015
I have a Denon 3803 receiver, and a Samsung 4k KU6300 50 inch tv. I am taking the optical out of the tv, and running into the receiver optical 1 input. Here are the questions I have about channel levels.
1. I am watching a movie from the internal streaming part of the tv. The movie from Amazon is marked "5.1". Receiver is set to "AUTO" mode. On the front of the receiver it says "Dolby Digital". Does this mean I am putting out 5.1 discrete channels of audio?
2. As I see it in the 3803 manual, in the Dolby Digital mode all 5.1 channels levels are adjustable. Is this correct?
3. I did a channel level adjust from the 3803's setup screen. I made it so the levels sounded the same from each speaker. But how do you know whether the levels should be set at 2, 6, 9, or any number?
4. Since in the Dolby Digital mode all channel levels are adjustable how do you know your level adjustments are reflecting what the maker of the movie intended the levels to be?
5. The level adjustment in the 3803 setup is what Denon calls a master level. You can also adjust the levels for each surround mode individually. Then why do a master level setup?
5. Is there a digital signal where the levels are not adjustable, and the channel levels are output just as the maker of the movie intended?

Hosting Services by ipHouse