The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 58 made on Wednesday February 1, 2017 at 09:02
JMT
Long Time Member
September 2014
On February 1, 2017 at 07:52, SWFLMike said...
Just my opinion, but by saying we're all missing the bigger picture, it sort of implies that we're all working jobs of similar sizes, in similar markets for similar customers. Very large residences with a high level of integration almost certainly require a fixed control interface somewhere.

I agree about the streaming, and the crap quality, I had to show a client that the reason he was saying his speakers sounded bad was due to the fact he was streaming. I played a CD and did a side by side and he was dumbfounded.
However, if your child or spouse wants to use Sonos with their apple music account they have to register their device (phone) which is linked to Apple Music to the sonos system to have full access to all their songs. Or with Itunes match, or Itunes, or they have to download the music they want to listen to onto their phone. And we know how much storage people have on their phones.
Spotify links your account via phone, so you need it to access your playlists, etc. or you have to use your phone or register your spotify account on the sonos system.
Not to mention any of the other services like sound cloud that kids use.
And try to tell a teenager or tech guy they need to use an ipad to play music and they will walk away.

Gone are the days where everyone shared the same Music or itunes account and we all had different playlists - this is being forced as well as being a choice. Kids always bought their own music now it is just online or via streaming.

And yes people may have become "dumber" to all of this, but they have been trained to follow the path of least resistance. And using a control system when a device is in their hand already goes against everything they know.
And yes the control systems can be controlled from the phone, if it has been loaded, and updated, and connected, and they are at home, and they are patient, and dont mind the sonos glitches, or linking their music account to a hard drive, and making sure it is updated with all their playlists.
in other words, it isn't happening!

Hosting Services by ipHouse