The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 51 made on Tuesday January 31, 2017 at 19:45
JMT
Long Time Member
September 2014
i think you are all missing the bigger picture - which is control systems for residences, as they operate and are sold now, are disappearing. the thinking among clients has changed. I have had zero customers ask me for anything with touch panels or in wall panels in a couple years. in fact they ALL ask me why they need them, do i have to have them? They understand when I explain that if they want full control as they expect then they need to have them. But like a rotary volume control, no one wants them.
I know you all will deny it and say i am wrong. That's fine. But at least 5 of my clients in the past year who all are former Crestron or Savant owners have said basically the same thing; I watch TV, I listen to music, I turn on and off the lights and I unlock my doors and sometimes look at the cameras. They almost never need to do all at once or need or use the one button pushes on the panel. Everything is done with the phone, and they wants a basic remote in their hand when they watch TV, the rest they can do with an app on their phone.

Its not mass market that Alexa and Google are going for...it IS the market!

Hosting Services by ipHouse