The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday January 30, 2017 at 21:20
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On January 30, 2017 at 20:41, gerard143 said...
Was all set on my current install to fire up the system... setup the receiver....test programming and hand the client the keys to his system with him and his wife sitting right there anxiously awaiting to watch some tv in their new home.

I fire up the new receiver and firmware update pops up on the pioneer vsx-831. Sure enough it hangs 70 percent thru it. 2 hours later still nothing. Then i tried usb update versus net.... get error code. Try net again.... continues at 70% with no progress. Manual lists a reset procedure.... hold auto/direct and hit standby and wait for clear on display... i get nothing.

Call snap tech... say listen... i got a bricked unit on a firmware update... it's almost 7 and i need another one sent out asap.... get put on hold and told we can't send you a replacement for your bricked unit. We feel it might just take longer to do the update (this was after the did u unplug it for 15 seconds bit, in my head i'm like listen buddy lets just jump right to step 100 in your tech support worksheet). Seriously? 2 hrs isn't enough with zero progress when both the manual and the osd list 20 min;30 min tops. Straightup error codes when trying usb as well still isn't enough to warrant a swap? So he gets back on the line around 7:03, 3 min past the order by 7pm get it shipped tonight time. Well we can't help you but you can talk to customer service and buy a new one and get it coming. With mr client sitting right like i'm like fine... connect me and i'll order one and worry about this bs later. Sure enough because its 3 min past 7 customer service can't help me and get one shipped out tonight. I tell him... listen just talked to tech support for last 20 min. I need to get a receiver ordered asap...can you get it out tonight. Oh sorry sir its just past 7 can't help you... but you can try talking to tech support and maybe they can help you.

Seriously? Did i not just state that I just talked to them.

My snap order that arrived earlier in the day also was messed up with wrong product and missing product.

Ugh. One of those days. Wish i had a spare vsx-831 in stock.

First time i've tried a pioneer receiver. Might just be the last. God i hate tech sometimes. Shoulda just skipped the damn firmware update and called it a day.

If two units bricked during updates, I would have tested the network.

How many devices were on the network (you weren't using WiFi, were you?)?

Only asking since I wasn't there.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse