The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Sunday January 29, 2017 at 13:20
billybaroo
Lurking Member
January 2017
Thanks for your response, Ernie. I didn't phrase my question properly. I do not use the TV to control my volume because I have a power amp (5.1 channels) fed by a digital-to-audio converter (the RH-618) attached to the TV via TOSLINK. The DAC is not able to learn new codes. (In your model, this would be the 'small amp'.) I also use a TOSLINK switch for other optical audio inputs (like my HDMI-less mac). I'd like to 'teach' my LG remote the corresponding volume codes for the DAC. Since the DAC is a generic one, there are no relevant model numbers in the LG on-screen software RH618. As a result, I'm looking for the 'raw' volume codes, up and down, in order to search for other name-brand audio gear using those same codes. This would enable me to tell the LG software what would-be receiver I'm using, then the software would modify my LG remote's IR signals.

Put another way, what name-brand products use the same volume codes as the RH-618? If unknown, what are the raw codes of the RH-618, and if those aren't known, I'll need to figure out some way to read the IR codes from the not-so-great RH-618 remote control.

Hosting Services by ipHouse