The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Saturday January 28, 2017 at 11:43
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On January 28, 2017 at 11:11, kwkshift said...
They just keep nudging us towards the edge....

I guess we can just listen to the phone and if another dealer decides they don't want to install what was bought direct because of a manufacturer's sale, do it and make a new customer. I did this in December after I received a call from someone who had gotten a quote from a dealer and when she returned from their store, she had an e-mail from Sonos that offered all products at 30% off. She called the dealer and asked if she could buy the rest of the items in the quote and they could install the Sonos- he told her he wasn't interested, even though they charge over $90/hour fro labor. She then went to a neighborhood community website and asked for recommendations, getting two for me, so she called. No muss, no fuss install- added a network cable to the backside of the alcove where the Sun Room TV lives (very easy to go from the basement through the garage), installed a switch for the equipment, Play Bar & sub, made the WiFi work better and moved the microcell for the ATT cell phones (which had never been set up correctly). 7 hours plus parts that I wouldn't have billed for if he hadn't dug his heels in and I gained a happy customer.

If I have a choice between driving to pick up equipment that I'll sell at my cost to match a manufacturer's sale price and replacing another dealer who isn't interested, I'll install it every time, as long as I have time and I can make time for that. That saying "Once a customer leaves a store, there's no guarantee they'll ever return" is something I take seriously and I do almost everything through repeat business and referrals from existing customers.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse