Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Monday January 23, 2017 at 16:44
kgossen
March 2008
On January 21, 2017 at 20:47, Bill Edwards said...
CABrouwers, Looks like you already found a solution, but there is another way to go. I have used other solutions in the past (see below), but what I have settled on now is creating iOS programs from scratch (you can sign up on the Apple website as a developer) coupled with Global Cache's various products (e.g. IP->IR, IP->serial). That gives you a completely custom system that you have built from the ground up. Very satisfying!!

The device I used in the past (and that would have been ideal for you) was Philips Pronto Pro. I got very helpful advice on this website (particularly from members Lowpro and Lyndel McGee - always willing to help and very nice). I used the Philips for years and very much enjoyed programming it. My profile was very much like yours -- I wasn't trying to save money but I really just wanted to do it myself. Unfortunately, Philips stopped making the device (although you can still get them on eBay). As much as I enjoyed the Philips device, the iOS development environment is much better -- the Philips environment was somewhat klunky.

Good luck.

Only waited 4 years for this.
"Quality isn't expensive, it's Priceless!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse