The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 53 made on Monday January 16, 2017 at 13:12
dbpaddler
Lurking Member
October 2006
I'll plus one on the chromecast audio. While you're tied to a phone to control, it's not tied to a single one. The home app comes up on all my devices when playing. I have one hooked into my episode mini in the living room with three inwalls and a wireless sub. No need for a separate audio only system. Same in the bedroom. I can group both to play synced. I can play different sources to each. And I can add more CA's to the mix with any auto sensing amp I choose. Could tuck a small amp and CA in a wall wired up to in ceiling/wall speakers anywhere. Much more convenient than a Sonos connect amp, and a bit cheaper to boot. Or if you're doing a central location with a multichannel amp, setting up eight CA's with the amp takes up a lot less space. Just recommend not using a multiple input USB charger as there seems to be issues. Use a separate USB charger for each CA.

Can only imagine the app becoming more mature as time goes on. A nice widget would be joke for someone to have a house tablet with the widget as the main screen. Or even a wall mounted wireless charging option for one in case your phone is elsewhere.

My only issue is the lack of an aux in as there is no way to listen to broadcast FM for sports since most sorts are not allowed on the Internet based radio stations.

Hosting Services by ipHouse