The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday January 15, 2017 at 19:18
DrGrafix
Long Time Member
July 2010
Recently installed a 2016 Samsung 40" Smart TV in the kitchen and it's sources are a Comcast HD box, and a DirecTV feed via a hdmi splitter in my family room. The Samsung works fine with either source, but one thing is driving me a little batty. Whenever I use remotes in the family room with our big screen set, some buttons on remotes for the Panasonic blu-ray or for the Mitsubishi DLP turn on the kitchen set. The previous "kitchen" tv was a 22" Samsung with the exact same feeds and I never had this problem.

I'm not sure if the Samsung is IR or RF, or what drives the little Comcast HD box. The TV's are about 25 feet apart, with a hallway and a full wall separating the two rooms. You can't see the Samsung tv from the family room, you would have to step into the hall and be in a certain spot to see it because of cabinet layout and positioning on the far wall. So it's definitely not line of sight. The Samsung remote is a BN59-01259E, the tv itself is a UN40KU6290FXZA.

I just want to know what I'm dealing with. Is it the Comcast box or the Samsung TV. Thanks in advance for all/any help that might be offered.
If God Wanted Us To Watch TV 24/7 He'd Have Given Us Rabbit Ears

Hosting Services by ipHouse