Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Sunday January 15, 2017 at 17:29
buzz
May 2003
We sometimes work with a high end builder who recommends us for jobs that are located at the fringe of our service area. We let him do all of the rough wiring -- to our spec and he does a great job. There are advantages for us, the builder, and the client. This reduces our travel, the builder is constantly on-site, has some skin in the game, and we are kept up to date with all of the little and big changes that usually don't get reported to the A/V guy -- until it's too late.

Years ago we tried being more commercial and work with BOSE to develop some condo and tract projects when BOSE first introduced their whole house line. We beat the bushes, developed contacts, lined up projects, then had the developer bring in the BOSE factory guy who under bid us. Not being terminally stupid, we backed out of this and let the BOSE factory guy develop his own leads.

I've also had contractors come to me and suggest that I pre-wire his houses on pure speculation. In his vision we'd wire the houses (for free), he could promote "wired for A/V," and he would leave our card. I've worked on enough pre-wired (by others) new homes to know that this probably does not work out well for the pre-wire dealer or the client.

Hosting Services by ipHouse