The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 42 made on Sunday January 15, 2017 at 12:11
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On January 15, 2017 at 10:16, BizarroTerl said...
And yet Americans re-elect congress @ nearly 96%. If The electorate wants change they're doing in a ineffective and ignorant way.

It would be easier if elections for Congress were national, like POTUS. Collectively, Americans want Congress to change, but locally/regionally, they like things to stay the way they are even if the vote reflects this via a small margin of votes.

But for any of this to happen, people would need to pay more attention to politics, government and areas of the country where they DON'T live and most people just don't care that much and they sure as hell don't want to take the time away from their diversions.

Imagine what could happen if half of the chronically unemployed got a GED or continued their education in fields that ARE hiring, or decided that working with their hands or in a field that's outside of their experience ISN'T a bad thing. What if they each walked around their neighborhoods and picked up a small bag of trash, removed larger items & graffiti, cut the grass or joined a local group that tries to keep kids from getting into trouble?
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse