The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Sunday January 15, 2017 at 02:21
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Thanks, high. You'll note that I tried that and found two processes with instructions that don't match the possible actions.

I looked at the netgear site and I was able to figure out what steps were missing from that set of instructions.

You'd think that, since a tiny error in input can totally kill a computer process, instructions as to how to do things on a computer would be scrupulously accurate.

But no. For instance, look for the wifi icon at the lower left of the screen.

When I right click on my wifi icon, I get two choices: Troubleshoot Problems and Open Netwrok and Sharing Center. Craig asks if that gives me the ability to alter the settings. NO. That's why I started this thread.

If I had the wrong password in the computer, then I'd be told I used the wrong password and a window would open for me to retype it. Until I worked through that netgear process I was not able to find the place where I could alter it. Thanks, Andrew.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse