The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday January 14, 2017 at 21:08
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
This sounds like such an easy thing, but I must be remembering how XP works. I simply cannot figure out how to do this. Looking it up on google gave me two different methods, but the things they tell me to do do not come up on my computer. For instance, I am to go to Network and Internet in the control panel, but those are two different "departments" in the control panel. I found an instruction as to where to find the present password so I can edit it, and that column doesn't exist.

Anyway, a Lenovo laptop where I am won't connect to the wifi, though it has in the past. I'm using a different Lenovo and have no problem being online. Just as a test, I want to log off wifi with the computer that works, then log back in entering the same password.

The thing that seems to make this squirrely is that I am not changing the password: I want to quit the wifi network and then work it out so that I have to type in the password to get back on. The computer keeps remembering the password and I can't see how to get to where I can type it in.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse