The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 30 made on Saturday January 14, 2017 at 13:32
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On January 13, 2017 at 17:41, MNTommyBoy said...
I tried to do the setup with customer phone and that was quirky at best. What's the deal with "Hold the phone close." I'm assuming that's for Bluetooth. To borrow from Ernie, close to the Apple, on top of it, close like in the same room or house? Plain stupid...

I hope some day you guys will realize that questions like this aren't just "borrow[ing] from Ernie." It's a bit sad when you don't stand on your own and say this or that instruction is stupid because it isn't clear. We installers have run across many more situations than the people who write the instructions, so more possible interpretations of undetailed instructions come to mind. Indeed, what EXACTLY does "Hold the phone close" mean? Any one of us should have wanted the instructions to say "Hold the phone close so ____________________ can take place."

Edit:
Here's a situation that any one of us should have called stupid:
I'm looking to see where to buy Rhinocort. I'm on the Rhinocort website. They have one product. There's a web page named "Where to buy." I see the empty box labeled "Zip code," so I put in a zip code. I hit Enter and get an error message.

See, I was also supposed to open the dropdown menu that I skipped over so I could select a product I was looking for. I open the dropdown. There's ONE CHOICE: Rhinocort.

If they only have one product, why the hell didn't they set up that page to default to that product?

Stupid.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse