Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Saturday January 7, 2017 at 11:54
punter16
May 2011
On January 7, 2017 at 11:03, highfigh said...
By 'it uses WiFi", does that mean it connects the phone/tablet via WiFi, or it uses WiFi to control the devices via IP commands?

The hub connects WiFi and then you can either use the IR blaster or IR emitters to control the components. I'm using the remote and the iPad AND:

1) Programming is CCPish in the regard that it takes some time the first time you program it. You can then build your components, modify component pages the way one normally might and save these pages for future use. Eventually you would have a product that programs very quickly where you can import all of your pages and have a 2-zone remote that looks good finished in 10 minutes.

2) Lack of backlighting makes for a somewhat unusable remote at night. However, the price point merits this.

3) Quick pick up and response out of the remote. I've had no issues with latency.

4) I'm still waiting for another brief Internet drop to test something. When my Internet cut out briefly due to horrible provider service, the hub went off-line and wouldn't connect back unless I power-cycled it. None of my other streaming devices or other remote systems have acted this way. I guess I could unplug my router to see if this happens again but I want to see if it happens organically. I'll keep you posted.

5) Programming is a little vague regarding the "tree view" (it's really not a tree view) of components. When you hide a component, it still shows up in your programming with no indication that it has disappeared. You have to look on your devices to see if it is hidden or not. No IR database drag-and-drop capability as well so you have to be a little creative with certain macros.

We're going to test it with a few more systems before rolling it out. I think it is a nice product at the price point. For someone that wants beautiful and more functional iPad/iPhone pages (where you have navigation and all needed buttons on one page), this isn't the product for you. However, for an inexpensive option that (so far) is more reliable than Harmony, we like it.
See our Youtube page for info about smart homes, great audio and more.

[Link: youtube.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse