The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday January 4, 2017 at 20:55
jstrahn
Lurking Member
January 2017
I'm in search of a solution for my master bathroom. I have a Sony STR-DA3100ES zone 3 powered output driving 2 in-ceiling speakers.

I want to be able to control power, volume and source of zone 3 of the receiver with a wall plate in the bathroom.

Currently, I am controlling the setup with a smart phone and Harmony app and have an activity that powers on zone 3 of the AVR and switches to FM source via the Harmony hub IR blaster. I'd like to have a wall plate that affords me the same functionality for my wife to use.

The Sony AVR has, from what I can tell, 3 methods of input: IR, RS232 and Sony Control-S. My preference would be to interface with the Harmony Hub and then use that to blast IR so that this solution could carry-over if I ever switch out the AVR to a different brand or one that does not have RS232 support.

I also intend on adding a smart hub, most likely the Samsung Smart Things which could be leveraged in this solution. Do they perhaps make Z-wave enabled audio control plates?

I would appreciate hearing my options. I'm not very well versed in whole home audio and have a few ideas but they aren't exactly straight forward. Thanks in advance. I hope I've posted this in the appropriate section. I'm new.

Hosting Services by ipHouse