The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 55 made on Wednesday January 4, 2017 at 10:30
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On January 4, 2017 at 08:23, SWFLMike said...
I was going to say the same thing. I once had lunch with a customer I was doing a big retro for, a very wealthy guy, and I remember him saying, "a large job is easier to run than a small job". I'd think of that every time I shot myself in the foot trying to make some budget-based idea work.

I think it depends on what you clarify as a smaller job. To me, anything that is a one day in and out is a small job. Anything that requires a prewire and return trip or two or more days of work I classify as medium (even if it is not that big). I classify that based on the fact I always have to deal with other contractors, timelines that often are ever changing. Stuff like that. Even though the job itself is small, all the other BS that goes along with doing the job properly sometimes adds up to a lot of frustrations. At least around here it does. I just got a call yesterday from a client who wants stuff run for their detached office in their back yard. Walls are being closed today. Told them tough Sh1t.

Hosting Services by ipHouse