The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Monday January 2, 2017 at 16:48
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
Tom, I touched upon that in the thread where we got to talking about networking. I dabbled in the largerish projects last year (2015) and on paper had a decent year. This past year, I focused on smaller jobs, especially in the 4th quarter. The stress being the main reason. Choosing the right projects and doing decent smaller jobs, I ended up with close to the same net profit for half the gross. The main reason was all the time that got eaten up on the large project. Mainly troubleshooting, time spent integrating whatever the latest and greatest is. For some people, they might enjoy it. Many people talk about billing for every second of time. I walk a fine line of keeping clients happy and being profitable. I feel that I can tip one way or the other and have success in only one aspect. Where I am, I can be successful in both. Where I used to hate TV hangs, I now welcome them as a stress free day with decent margin (as long as I choose the right ones) when adding some accessories such as the mount and a power bridge kit.

At the end of the day, I go home making $3-$400 and no stress, then I am happy. I no longer worry about having to make 2 or 3 times that a day. I also feel that the level jobs I am focusing on right now will make it a lot easier to find a tech if I chose to go back down that path that can do the work to my standards. Finding someone to walk into a $100,000 job and do everything to the level of standard I expect is difficult.

Hosting Services by ipHouse