The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday January 2, 2017 at 15:21
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
You mirror my sentiments EXACTLY. I have posted about it before as well. I try to play devils advocate (once I have calmed down) and tell myself that a person is calling at that hour expecting voicemail. But that isn't the case often as I get voicemails where clients expected that I should be answering the phone. I got one a few weeks ago where the client said at the end of an angry 9pm voicemail "I guess call me back when you are ACTUALLY working" in a nasty tone. All because his DTV volume was cutting out.

When I am done playing devil's advocate, I realize that intentions on leaving a VM or not, it is not proper. Especially when dealing with a small business in which most of my clients KNOW the number they are calling is my cell phone. Do what I do and jot a note down to myself, put it in the spot you check daily for notes or whatever, and call within normal hours. I do it all the time. There is definitely a lack of decorum with people these days and no matter how many times you try to set the correct example, certain people will ignore it.

I too have NO passion for this business any longer and it is nothing more than a job now. I weigh my options all the time and try to think of what I can be doing instead. If I come up with something, I will not hesitate to jump and not look back.

Hosting Services by ipHouse