Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday January 1, 2017 at 22:41
Craig Aguiar-Winter
September 2002
Hey all. In a system I'm working on (Marantz AV7702MKII pre/pro), the sub in Zone One is shut off when you engage All Zone Stereo. Is this normal? Seems pointless to me. I can't find any kind of a setting that allows this to be changed. I'm concidering just changing the setting for Zone One to no sub and running the left and right preouts into the sub (which has an active cross over). So not a big deal in this case but in the case of lower models that don't have preouts I can see this being an issue in the future. If it matters I have it set to LFE plus L&R. I had no output to the sub with just LFE (was testing with a Cd).

Also, this pre/pro will take digital audio from the HDMI for Zone 2, but not Zone 3. It only takes digital audio from the optica/coax digital for Zone 3. We're using a Marantz UD5007 and it only has HDMI and analogue out. Because our intent is to use all three zones I'm running analogue from the BD player to get signal for the extra zones. On other receivers in the past I've been able to run the analogue out to the same input I run the digital input to, in this case the BD input. However, I get no analogue pass through to the extra zones. I had to run the analogue to another input (CD). Again not a big deal but it would be if I had planned to run a lot of devices and needed those inputs. Am I doing something wrong here? I expected more from this preamp.

Thanks

Craig

Edit. I just realized I should check to see if the analogue inputs need to be assigned. I'll report back.

Last edited by Craig Aguiar-Winter on January 2, 2017 00:34.
My wife says I can't do sarcasm. She says I just sound like an a$$hole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse