The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 86 made on Friday December 30, 2016 at 15:35
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On December 30, 2016 at 09:58, highfigh said...
If they use Crestron, it's likely they can program a URC remote. I have had problems with URC remotes that even URC's tech support people couldn't fix- do THEY not know how to program their own remotes? One time, I was talking with the guy who makes the videos they post on their site, showing how to program a remote and HE couldn't get it to control the equipment.

Seven whole posts and you want to tell an industry veteran that he doesn't know how to program a brand he has used for well over ten years? Betcha haven't read older posts, eh?

No, they DON'T always work.

I have to say, with the antenna placed properly for a mrf350, i have NEVER had rf issues. I will also say i have spoken with plenty of people at URC, including in support, that unfortuantely do not know the line as well as many of us do.

Lastly, I will say i have read many posts from some vets that have terrible rf interference issues. Typically this is caused by either improper placement of the antenna, using a 418 MHz combo when a 433 MHz should be used, or using a mrf250/260.

The RF and CCP lineup have been near bulletproof for me for ten years really. The only issues Inhad were the terrible OLED screens on the 780s, which URC did replace after some time, and continue to replace remotes with failed screens even out of warranty.

Hosting Services by ipHouse