The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Thursday December 29, 2016 at 10:52
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 28, 2016 at 17:29, Chris Frost said...
These are items the client bought independently on a bit of a whim when out shopping with his wife. If he'd have asked my advice before buying then I'd have installed a 4K AVR and something along the lines of the Monitor Audio SB3 passive soundbar with an active sub. That would have solved the control issues instantly and given them much better sound too. Ho hum.

I think the best thing to do is explain that a SYSTEM that works well isn't pieced together "on a bit of a whim". It takes a lot more time to gt it to work together, it may not work that way for long and it will surely require more learning in order for them to be able to use it and that means there will be more to forget. They need to be told, sometimes several times.

Some people seem to think that we know how to set up and operate all brands and models. While we can probably grasp what's required faster than most, it takes us out of our comfort zone of dealing with equipment that we sold because we're familiar with it, we know how to get it to do what we want/need and for other reasons. Hearing "I want to use this" when we already had a plan sucks and it often doesn't work.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse