Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday December 28, 2016 at 18:44
Audiophiliac
August 2006
So I was at one of these clients' homes recently and tried something on the pre/pro. It is an Integra DHC 40.2. It will likely be replaced in the not too distant future, but for now, it might work.

I went into the HDMI setup and told the pre/pro to send audio to the TV. It did so, as I turned the speakers on in the TV and had sound. Sound also played through the speakers as normal.

Soooo.....my thought is that now that I know that I can get audio to the TV as well as through the surround system simultaneously, I should be able to use analog out of the TV to the headphones, right?

Of course, this may not be the case in the Yamaha AVR at the other clients' home, because I believe I have tried the same thing on a Yamaha AVR and when you send audio to the TV, audio ONLY goes to the TV. Not good.

And since we will likely replace the Integra with a Yamaha pre/pro at some point, I may be setting that one up for eventual failure as well.

I have heard of people pairing Bluetooth headphones with some of the Bluetooth enabled AVRs. Is this something I can look into as an option or am I asking for another set of problems?
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse