The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Wednesday December 28, 2016 at 17:43
Chris Frost
Long Time Member
January 2003
On December 28, 2016 at 17:25, Impaqt said...
I'm not debating the fact that its a good soundbar.
I'm telling you it uses Current AVR Codes and does support discretes. If you had a modern remote like a URC MX series or Control4 System, you would have all the codes already in the database.

Same thing with the sony. Looks like thats a UK specific model number, but I would assume it uses the same IR codes that we here in the states use. and again. the URC database includes discretes for all 4 HDMI inputs.

I'm not arguing for the soundbar either. In fact my view is that is overpriced junk both in terms of its control features and its audio performance. I'm simply making the point that it does have a reasonable array of inputs (as it should do given the exorbitant price) but that the control aspect of it is garbage.

Whether a newer remote already has the codes in the software database is irrelevant to the question at hand. Yes, it's nice to have those codes sitting there ready, but it doesn't change the fact that the behaviour of the soundbar is a bit odd i.e. non responsive to short codes, and that it requires long button pushes. I could be in exactly the same position vis-a-vis unresponsiveness with database codes for a URC or C4 remote.

Knowing that the US version of the HT-ST9 responds to Sony Receiver commands is useful information. I can go to site an try that and then look for other causes if the device isn't responding, so thanks for your input on that.

Hosting Services by ipHouse